Saturday, March 29, 2014

Why do I LOVE Fantasy Books? Let me count the reasons...

I read many different genres of books.  Typically, I read historical, romance, classic or mystery but, by far, my favorite genre is fantasy.

In an alternate reality where I can have a "vacation" weekend, I would most likely use that weekend to relax by reading a book.  And if one book of each above-mentioned genre sat before me (in the getaway cottage I would no doubt be staying in!) I would pick up the fantasy book first to read the description and, barring a dud concept, probably wouldn't even read the backs of the other books (even though I like those genres too!  I just prefer fantasy...). 

Here are some reasons I prefer fantasy to other genres:

  1. Because every story should have a sage, a warrior, a magician and a hero (those poor other genres...).
  2. Because I know in my heart of hearts that magic, unicorns, and other realms truly exist.
  3. Because we all feel like we are meant for a grand adventure but typically live mediocre, boring lives (except for fantasy writers, of course!).
  4. Because even our small lives should have an impact on the world around us.
  5. Because as you grow up and have to leave off your belief in the wonder and magic of Santa Claus, you do not have to give up your belief in Middle Earth (I still believe in both, thank you very much!!).
What did I miss?  Please help me add more reasons for liking fantasy books. 

Why do you like the fantasy genre?





No comments:

Post a Comment