Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My First Book Signing

Over the weekend, I had my first book signing.  I was absolutely amazed by the kindness of the retail store owner to put it together.  She did a lot more than set up a table for me to sit at as people walked by.  This kind woman formed an event.  She invited two other local authors, a tarot card reader, and a new coffee company - she even had a craft table set up for kids and refreshments!  She advertised the event and called it Star Day.

Download maude 2.jpg (13.9 KB)



Each of the authors had a chance to speak in front of the audience.  I opted for last so I could revise my talk after seeing the other two authors speak!



Download maude 3.jpg (21.0 KB)


The talk went well, I think.  I mostly just explained what my book was about and about the business cards I was handing out.  The business cards are cool.  My husband came up with the idea a few days before Star Day.  They have my book cover on one side and website and info on the back.  But most of all they have a QR code that takes one to a secret story online (the only one from my villain's perspective).  I have several free stories on my website but this secret story you can only access if you get that business card from me.  Isn't that fun?!!

The audience asked a lot of questions about my book and publishing experience.  It was a very nice time.  The only problem was (in my excitement to explain my business cards) I totally forgot to mention that someone could buy my book in ebook format on Amazon or Barnes & Noble!  What was I thinking?  I did assume that most people would know that since just about every book that is available in print is available in ebook as well but I was asked about it by someone later.  Well, that is something I will never forget again!


No comments:

Post a Comment